Frequently asked questions

Who should I contact if I want to discuss my child’s academic progress or a wellbeing concern?

For academic queries, your child’s subject teachers can be emailed through Compass. Alternatively, you can call the College and speak with teachers directly.

For wellbeing concerns, your child’s Mentor Teacher should be the first point of contact by calling the College or emailing via Compass. In addition to this, your child’s Team Leader will also be able to assist in the event that the Mentor Teacher is unavailable.

How do I access my child’s academic reports?

All academic reports can be accessed through Compass.

What should I do if I don’t remember my Compass login details?

Contact the Main Administration Office. Our Administration Officers will be able to reset your log-in details. Alternatively, you can email for a password reset.

How do I notify the school if my child is absent?

Call the absence hotline on 8338 3636. You can also log the absence using Compass.

How will I receive updates about school events?

You will receive push app notifications from Compass on your device about all upcoming events such as excursions and special events. Parent permission for excursions will be provided via Compass.

Is there a Parents and Friends Association?

Yes there is.

Our PFA meets on a monthly basis and actively engage in our College community by running initiatives such as our Mother’s and Father’s Day stalls, Footy Day BBQs, second hand uniform sales and fundraising for our Christmas raffle. We are always looking for members to assist with these initiatives.

If you are wanting to join our PFA, please contact

Am I able to purchase Second Hand Uniform?

Our PFA hold second hand uniform sales twice each term.  These dates can be found on the College calendar.

When are parent teacher conferences held?

WeShare Conferences (Parent teacher conferences) for students from Prep to Year 12 are held in Terms 1 and 3.

Students undertaking a VCE subject or completing VCAL will also have conferences in Term 2.

What is CSEF funding and am I eligible?

The CSEF provides payments for eligible students to attend camps, sports and excursions. $125 per year is paid for eligible primary school students and $225 per year is paid for eligible secondary school students. A special consideration eligibility category also exists. Families holding a valid concession card or temporary foster parents are eligible to apply. A new CSEF application form should be completed each year.

How do I request an interpreter?

We are delighted to be able to offer a dedicated message bank for Mount Ridley College families who speak Turkish, Arabic and Assyrian. These message banks will be manned by our multicultural aides and messages will be translated and passed on to the relevant staff member.

Please be aware that this line is only to be used to communicate with the College about their student’s progress, homework, assignments and behaviour. It is not to notify the College of absences.

Please find the direct lines for interpreter support below:

Arabic interpreter support line: 8338 3681

Assyrian interpreter support line: 8338 3680

For any additional queries, please contact the Main Administration Office on 8338 3600 between the hours of 8:15am – 4:30pm. 

Translate »